Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Not My First Time...

Since I spend most of my waking moments at work, bored to tears, I decided to make the most of my time by blogging. I am not sure what on earth I will blog about, but thus far I have two things I would like to talk about of which one I will mention now. What better time than to start by introducing myself. Seeing as though the world wide web is accessed by billions of people each day, I might become a little more known so that I can make a much larger impact on this Earth. I mean, that is why we are here, right?

Well, I went to close my safety deposit box at the bank this afternoon and to my surprise, I had something located inside: my birth certificate; the one document that proves your existence, that you really weren't adopted as once believed. I discovered that my recorded delivery time was 7:16 PM at Northeast Baptist Hospital in San Antonio, TX. Both my parents were working in the financial industry (huge surprise since my mother has NEVER been good with money) and much to my surprise her signature has not changed at all. Mine has evolved at least 10 times now, granted I am only in my mid-twenties I was shocked none the less.

I am the eldest of three children in my immediate family, although my father married when he was still attending the university and thus produced a child whom I have no strong relational bonds with other than the occasional "guilt trip" conjured anytime my name is brought up within ear shot due to my lack of frequent visits. She has two children of her own, who much like their mother, know little about me. It is not that I planned it that way, we were never really close with what a nine year age difference coupled with several hundred miles to distance and further discourage any real lasting bonds between us.

This May will mark my two year wedding anniversary with my lovely wife who I met while attending Dallas Baptist University. She was interested in my roommate who did not reciprocate the feelings. I on the other hand, showed interest, and over two years later we married and now are working on our second, and hopefully the last , house-flip. We both are in a transition period in our lives. She is a little bit closer to obtaining her career goals than I am, yet I am proud of her none the less.

I supposed that I should type more, however, that is all I have to say right now.

1 comment:

Matt Henslee said...

Well said brother, well said. I couldn't be negative with the pics of the dogs on there!